Saturday, February 20, 2010

Exam #1 - Intro, Ch. 1 & Ch. 2

On Thursday, we had our first mid-term exam for MGSC 300. I spent quite a few hours studying for the exam and making sure I understood all the powerpoint notes and case studies, and skimming through the textbook to elaborate more on details I wasn't sure about. I thought the exam was pretty easy because the questions were pretty basic and easy to understand. There were one or two T/F questions and multiple choice questions that I wasn't completely sure about because a few of the answers seemed right, and I spent a lot of time trying to decide between them. There was one multiple choice question that asked what the serious problem with a competitive advantage was, and I couldn't decide between the choices. (I later found the discussion about competitive advantage in our textbook, and saw the answer was All of the Above - which I got wrong). The short answer questions were very simple, so I wish I had remembered more details and examples to put into my answer instead of just the definition.

Professor Tuggle already posted our grades on Blackboard, and I saw I got a 96%, so I'm happy with my grade. I think for the next exam, I will spend more time making sure I really understand all of the concepts because I know this unit will be a lot more technical and difficult to just memorize definitions without understanding. Also, I will spend more time reading through the book in case we get a few questions where the answers are actually IN the book - so hopefully I will get them right next time.

Please see post below for my blog on Ch. 3 from our Tuesday night class.

1 comment:

  1. Jennifer:

    The exam WAS easy...mainly, it (and my other exams) are straightforward, as long as you stay abreast of the material....I know it can sometimes be boring, but force yourself....

    Doug

    ReplyDelete